Elk Lake Cabin- B.C.- Midweek - Sun, Feb 24 2019, Mon, Feb 25 2019, Tue, Feb 26 2019
Download to your Outlook Calendar
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED:Once you've reviewed the event details, and decided you'd like to join us, you MUST sign up at the bottom of this page.
You are STRONGLY encouraged to read this page in its entirety before signing up. If you'd like to attend, we ask that you abide by our rules and procedures as a time/cost saving process (with an end result of keeping membership free and lower cost events).
|Event Type:||Nordic Overnight|
Access from Elk Pass in Peter Loughed Park|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Feb 24 2019, Mon, Feb 25 2019, Tue, Feb 26 2019
|Registration Cut Off:
Thu, Dec 20 2018 9:00:00 PM
|Event Distance / Duration:
||Three days / two nights|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
Members Only, All Ages Welcome
|Maximum Group Size:||8|
|Maximum No. Guests:||0|
|Minimum Group Size:||8|
|Maximum No. Guests Per Member:||0|
|Number Registered So Far:||
10 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
The return of the Elk Lakes Cabin trip is
here! Join us for a reprise of last
years' very enjoyable multi-day trip.
It is a great opportunity to ski into a fully
equipped ACC cabin at the Elk Lakes in BC.
We will start from Elk Pass parking lot
near the Kananaskis Lakes and ski up
and over the top of Elk Pass.
From the top of the pass to the cabin is mostly
gentle downhill grades. The total distance to
the cabin is 11 km.
Once established at the cabin we can spend the
remainder of the day skiing or enjoying
the cozy cabin.
The following day there are many scenic options
for skiing in the area.
Trails are skier
set at Elk lakes. There are no
Depending upon snow conditions we may ski back
to the parking lot
via Fox Lake.
Please refer to the map below.
For information about the Elk Lakes
ACC Elk Lakes Cabin
|Required Items to Bring:|
Sleeping bag (foam mattress is provided). Food
for two days: Snacks. 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches,
2 dinners. We can share dinner duties with each
guest providing a dish for each dinner. I will
be emailing participants about this.
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Headlight, Lighter, Newspaper for firestarter,
Toilet paper, Earplugs, eyecover, may be a good
It's a good idea to bring snow shoes on this
provides some flexibility if the snow conditions
during the alternate Fox Lake route on the ski out.
|How to Get There:|
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the NSC's possession by that date. No exceptions.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where NSC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Communications Director at email@example.com.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the NSC on Thu, Dec 20 2018.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!
Sorry, either registration for this event is closed, or the event is full. If you are a NSC Member, you may add yourself to the Waiting List here.
Note that if the event maximum has not been reached, but you are still seeing this box, it is because the maximum was reached at one point and there are already others ahead of you on the list.