||Cancelled - Hide from Calendar
Kamp Kiwanis, 241001 Range Road 42|
|Date(s) & Time:||Wed, Jan 1 2003
9:00 AM (Carpool Departure: 8:15 AM *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Wed, Nov 7 2018 6:00:00 PM
|Event Distance / Duration:
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
Katherine van Kooy
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||$100.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members & Guests, All Ages Welcome
|Maximum Group Size:||18|
|Maximum No. Guests:||4|
|Minimum Group Size:||10|
|Maximum No. Guests Per Member:||2|
|Number Registered So Far:||
0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|This full-day course presented by Rocky Mountain Adventure
Medicine Inc. takes a practical approach to managing emergencies
in the back country - basically anywhere Norseman ski trips occur.
It is a good program for people with no first aid/emergency
response training, as well as for those who want to refresh skills
they have learned previously.
The course will cover basic theory for managing emergencies and
providing first aid, in addition to the opportunity to practice skills
through field scenarios in outdoor conditions. The key
components covered are: Principles of extended care;
assessment; airway and respiratory management; fracture care;
wound management; spinal care; environmental emergencies; cold
related emergencies; packaging and transportation; outdoor First
Participants will receive a course workbook and certificate
outlining the course content. This is not a "recognized" first aid
course, but is a practical application of first aid principles.|
|Required Items to Bring:|
Materials for note-taking. Skiis, boots, poles,regular backpack
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Warm clothing. Part of the session will be conducted outdoors.
Check the forecast before heading out.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||West on Highway #8 towards Bragg Creek. Kamp Kiwanis is located
at the junction of Highways 8 and 22|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
** Calgary Transit Info
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the NSC's possession by that date. No exceptions.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where NSC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you or your guest(s) cancel.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Communications Director at email@example.com.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the NSC on Wed, Nov 7 2018.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!
*Note: Cancellations made before the registration cut-off will receive a
full refund. After the cut-off date, no refunds will be made unless
the course is cancelled. If you can not attend, you will be
responsible for finding your own replacement.